Even though I'm into fitness and training and I'm a personal trainer, I also work 33 hours a week as a carer in a private home.
Some of my responsibilities include:
- Helping wash and dress residents
- Helping feed residents
- Helping move residents who are in wheelchairs
- Answering bells constantly
- Walking up and down flights of stairs an obscene amount of times
It gives me a lot of perspective on life, and helps me to appreciate my own life a lot more.
If you can do the following yourself, without the need for extra helps, you are doing a lot better than you think:
- Brush your teeth yourself
- Cook your own meals
- Move without an external aid
These are just a few things I can mention, but I wrote this post because I want you to realise that you are not doing nearly as bad as you think.
Don't be so hard on yourself, celebrate the small wins but continue to work hard on improving yourself.
P.S You're doing just fine.